Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Saturday, November 13, 2010

We'll miss you Ozzy!

I came home from work last week to a very somber husband. I knew something was wrong. Brady then told me that his mom had called early that evening and said that their family dog of 11 years, Ozzy, had gotten really sick within three days. Brady's dad, Craig, took him to the Vet thinking he would be going back home with a healthy Ozzy. Unfortunately he returned only with a collar and leash. Ozzy was so sick that he most likely would not have even made it through the night. Perhaps it was better that way, it would have been hard to say goodbye. To Brady and his whole family it was like losing a sibling. I know how hard it is to lose a dog. I still cry when I think about Elvis and he's been gone for three years. Ozzy was an incredibly smart dog. He was always happy to see you and he sure loved hiking, swimming, and wandering outside by himself. He had a mind of his own. A month or so ago Brady and I were visiting his parents and Ozzy had disappeared again. He would often times be outside and just wander off but would either find his way home or be brought by someone. So it was one of those days. No one was too worried because he always came back home. Anyways as Brady and I were heading home we got maybe 200 yards from his parents house when we see Ozzy slowly walking up the steep hill home. We stop and open the car door to drive him home but he's so tired from his escapade he can only get his front legs in the car. So I heaved him in and we got him home. I guess that's just my fondest memory of him. It was just so funny to see him truckin up the street. We will all miss you and your funny personality. We'll miss having you bark that distinctive "hello" that made me laugh so hard. We'll miss the way you carry things around in your mouth when you get excited. And I'm sure Doug will miss you always trying to hump him. We love you Ozzy!














No comments:

Post a Comment