Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Vegas


Brady had an interview at the University of North Dakota medical school last Saturday. It was much cheaper to fly out of Vegas then Salt Lake so we drove down and he spent two days in the -30 (with wind chill, yes -30) weather and I layed out by my parents spa and got a little tan on my arms. Not a bad trade for me. Brady and I were both very hopeful for this interview. It was a very last minute thing. We weren't even planning on applying for medical school this year but this school contacted us. His MCAT score suffered a bit due to this little guy below. Since he came early Brady spent most of his much needed study time with us at the hospital and once Miller was home our hours were way off. So anyways we didn't even want to waste money applying this year. This school didn't charge us to apply but we did spend $200 on a plane ticket. We found out yesterday that Brady was not accepted. It was a bit of a depressing day to say the least. Rejection is a very hard thing to go through. I hate hate hate to see Brady sad and down-trodden. I got my shift covered last night and we went out and had fun evening. We got Brady a new suit for his next interview and ate at his favorite, Training Table. Things are better today and will only get better. So our plan for now is to see how his interview goes on the 29. It is at Western University in Pomona, California and it's for PA school. They interview more people then UND so we are not super hopeful but at least it's good experience. Most likely he will be studying and retaking the MCAT and working to gain experience in the upcoming year. He is still graduating with his bachelor's in Biology in April which is very exciting. I'm excited/anxious to find out where and what we'll be doing after graduation. Time will tell and apparently we are in great need of a lesson of patience. I thought my patience and faith was tested enough when Miller was in the hospital and home on oxygen but it continues to be tested. Here's to the future! Whatever it contains. I know we will have many trials and tests ahead of us, I am just so happy I have my family by my side. I love them so much!
We went a park near my parents and Miller loved the swing! I swear I need to get one in the backyard. Pretty cute little man. I can't believe he's 7 months!


Sat next to Flavor Flav at the Rebel game.
Two Rebel fans in line for some Frito pie. The Rebels beat San Diego State. It was sooo loud but Miller didn't seem to mind, fun times.

I was trying to put off Miller's nap a few minutes so I could run Brady to the airport, hoping Miller could sleep in the car, but he wouldn't have it. He fell asleep with his face mashed into the ground and of course his fingers in his mouth. Funny little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment