I didn't put his arms like this I just found him laying like this. He loves to sleep with his arms up above his head. So cute. So things are going pretty good. The first night after my mom left didn't go so well though. We tried putting him in his crib but every time the monitor went off I literally jumped out of bed. I even hurt my neck one time I jumped so fast. So we ended up putting him on the love seat and I slept on the couch. After all that I didn't really sleep so the next day I was pretty much a crazy woman. I couldn't stop crying and I couldn't get calm enough to take a nap. Brady tried and tried to comfort me but I just couldn't keep it together. So last night we came up with a little schedule that is not ideal but will just have to work while he is on oxygen. I went to bed early and Brady stayed out with him then we switched at 4:30. It worked pretty well and I was able to fall asleep again after he ate at 6. I feel much better today after getting some sleep. Still emotional I'll admit. I have shed a few random tears today but I feel a lot better. Mostly I am just stressing about the oxygen and the monitor and money of course. Even though he is not on that much oxygen, there's something about not being able to carry him easily around the house or go on a walk or car ride with ease. It just really takes it's toll. And the bills/statements are just kind of daunting. We tried taking him a walk two nights ago. We switched him over to his oxygen tank and put all his gear on the bottom of the stroller. Apparently he doesn't like his car seat or the angle is bad for him because he kept de-saturating which makes the monitor beep. It definitely wasn't a relaxing walk. Hopefully soon though. I'm still just trying to take it one day at a time. So far today he has eaten really well and taken a good nap in between. Hopefully he will keep up the good work and just keep growing and growing and needing oxygen less and less.

My sister gave me this adorable swing so we tried it out. He's still not sure how he feels about it. I think he was a little too tired when I put him in it and the rocking kept him awake.
Brady thinks it's funny when he holds his own bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment