Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Family

Well I am sitting here pumping again...good times. Right now I just feel really grateful for my family. I do not think I could make it through all this without them. There support has been beyond anything I could ask for and I am just so thankful to have such an amazing family. I hope that they all know how much I appreciate the strength they have given me. The phone calls and texts daily asking how we are doing, buying us dinner, making us dinner, sending mounds of baby clothes, and on and on and on. Hopefully one day I can return the favor to everyone. I know that my parents really want to be here right now and that they would be here in a jiff if I asked them. It's just a lot of back and forth from the hospital right now but I can't wait for that to be over. I love you family! Thank you for all you do and for all your support. I seriously do not think I would be surviving this without you all.
Last night at the 11 o'clock feeding I got to talking with our nurse. Sometimes it's hard to get to know them because they are usually different every day and night depending on their schedule. She was really sweet and I got the impression she really needed someone to talk to. She was telling me how if I wasn't awake at 5 this morning she would love to hold Miller and give him a bottle of my breast milk. She was saying how important it was for me to get my rest. And I know it is important, I was really exhausted yesterday. I rarely fall asleep before Brady gets out of the shower but yesterday was one of those nights. I passed out pretty fast. Anyways, then I started asking the nurse about her family. She has 5 kids, 2 of which were NICU babies. I asked her about how much sleep she gets and I'm pretty sure she never sleeps. After her shift is over she takes like an hour nap, then she takes care of a friend with severe MS. Then she goes home to 5 kids and a disabled husband. As I was listening to her I realized how lucky I am. I can't imagine trying to be there for Miller and having other children or having to go back to work right away. Pretty crazy. So even when I feel like this is such a hard experience, which it is, I know that I can get through it and that everything will work out how it is suppose to. I am so grateful for all that I have and can't wait for Miller to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment