Well I finally feel like a little more like a mom. Yes I know it sounds weird but I think it is because everything happened so unexpectedly and happened so differently from what I expected. A book I am reading right now, well it's actually about communicating not parenting, but it talks about how frustration only comes from unmet expectations. Of course I had expectations about my labor and delivery. I guess since my expectations were not fulfilled that I am finally coming to terms with how everything did happen. I am grateful for the way things worked out, I have definitely learned a lot. But I finally feel that attached feeling that I have heard so much about. I don't even mind getting up all night to feed him when just a few days ago that wasn't the case. He has finally learned how to breast feed well so we have become good friends. It is so good to see him grow. His cheeks are getting so big! I love it, grow baby grow! We go to the doctor Monday so I am excited to see how much he weighs. Hopefully he is getting enough when he eats. But he lasts 2.5-3.5 hours in between so I think he is doing good.

Wide-eyed just like daddy.

Hanging out with Aunt Melissa! He was just a hungry little stinker, nothing against his aunt.
No comments:
Post a Comment