So last night may have been the roughest night since we have been home from the hospital with Miller. Here's what went down. At about 8o'clock we were just hanging out. I was feeding Miller and we were watching TV. Then the power goes out. Normally it comes right back on but it didn't. Brady checks outside and it was windy but not crazy windy. Our neighbors across the street have power but our side of the street doesn't. Our next door neighbor came over and told us it was going to be off for and hour and a half. So Brady lights every candle we have in the house, because I hate when the power goes out, it scares me! I turn on his headlamp and the flashlight app on my phone and we turn a movie on his laptop. So we are about half way through the movie and Miller wakes up screaming. We had been nervous he was getting sick because Brady was sick and Miller had been extra fussy. So I get him calmed down and we watch the rest of the movie. And still no power. So I call the power company and they say that it will be back on at 1AM. So we decide to get ready for bed. I try to put Miller down but he was having a hard time breathing because of his stuffy nose. Anyways, we make it to 1:30AM and still no power. Miller's pulse oximeter starts beeping because the battery power is running out. So I have to turn it off. Brady called the power company again and the say it will be back on at 5AM. Seriously! I yell out to Brady to tell them that our special needs baby is on oxygen and his meter is out of power. So he tells the lady we have an emergency. She told us to go to the hospital. Thanks lady. Finally it came back on around 2AM. Through all of this the worst part is that we have no AC in our house so we rely on our fans. It is hot enough with the fans but without them it was boiling hot and we were all irritable. But we survived. Thankfully. I had to sit in the recliner with Miller all night so he could breath. Every time I would try and lay him down he would scream. I sucked so much snot out of his poor little nose. Needless to say it was not the best night. But the good news is that we survived. And Miller has seemed better today. We are going to the doctor tomorrow so hopefully everything will check out great. Anyways, here's a few pictures from lately.
Cute boys. Yes Brady was chillin' without his shirt on because our house is so dang hot but I had to get a picture of these cute boys.

What a difference 3 weeks makes. The above picture was taken today and below is the day we left the hospital. It is nice to see his face without the stickers and the nasal cannula. The last time we went to the doctor he said we could wean him off the oxygen. We pretty much got sick of not being able to carry him around the house so he has been totally off for a week now. He does really well when he is awake and eating and most of his sleeping. But I think that it's when he gets into that deep sleep that his sats just bounce back and forth. But he always brings it back up within 5 seconds. Weird...I have done a lot of research online about it but really can't find much. I think it's probably because most healthy babies never have a pulse oximeter on them so who knows what their sats are! I know I'll be a nervous wreck when we get the ok to get rid of the monitor. I have seen his heart rate and oxygen saturation since the day he was born. I think it'll just take me a few days then hopefully I'll be normal. But I am so grateful for his progress. He's a handsome little one. 
No comments:
Post a Comment