The past few months I have been blessed with the generosity of those around me. I had an experience this past week that made me recall all those who have been so generous. When I think about the word generous, my first thought is my parents. They have always freely given so much of what they work so hard for to my siblings and I and now all our children. They have also been so kind to friends and given so incredibly much. There are many experiences I will never forget and I hope to one day help others out they way they do. Today (or yesterday depending on when I finish this post) is also their anniversary. They are the best parents ever, I just have to give a shout out to them. Now that we have Miller, I realize the impact that parents have on their children. I feel so blessed to have such awesome parents that were always so supportive, giving, and helpful, but most of all they love each other. It's so important to show your affection in front of your children and I really appreciate their example. Love you guys! So now I'll get to my experience that brought on all these sappy emotions. So I have worked as a server for 4 1/2 years now. Wow that seems like forever! A lot of people may wonder why I continue to work as a server while I have my bachelor's degree and my cosmetology license. Well, there are days I ask myself that same question, but for the most part I love my job. It has been good money for those years and provided us with great insurance which we are very grateful for, especially after having Miller early. It is an interesting thing, serving that is. Here in Utah servers only make $2.13 an hour which ends up being nothing after taxes. So all your money comes from tips. I've had several good tips that I have remembered through the years. The best is when my family comes in...that always makes my day, or my week! Love them. This past Friday night I began my shift as normal, always beginning it with a prayer that I will be able to make the money that we need. My first table was just your average couple. Nice and pleasant and easy to chat with. After they finished eating I went over to grab their check. We were taught in training to never ask if someone needs change and just to say, I'll be right back. So I said that and the man said, oh it's good, we're set. I said thank you and wished them happy holidays. I normally wait to check the tip until after the table leaves so if it happens to be a bad tip I don't get super mad and want to tackle my table. Anyways, they sat there for awhile so I checked the billfold. Their bill was $45 and there was $60 in there. I thought, well that was nice. $15, I mean nothing crazy but still a very nice tip. I thought, well maybe they do need change, so I got it and went back over. I just asked if they were sure they didn't need change, they said no, and I just thanked them for the nice tip. Then he asked for a drink to go so I ran and grabbed it. When I got back he had a $20 on the table and he said, this is for you. I was really confused and he said, we eat out all the time and I always tip well and no has ever thanked us for the tip. Emotional me started to tear up. I was just so touched by their generosity. I thanked them again then sort of ran away, embarrassed for crying. I guess it just made me realize how big of a difference you can make in someone's life. I mean a $35 tip isn't going to pay all our bills or even fill up our tank but I realized how great people are and how great we can be. It never hurts to give a little more if you have it. And even if it's not money or a gift but to just be kind and grateful towards others. I am again thankful for all those who have been so generous towards my family these past few months. Never could have done it without you!
Now to the cutest thing in the world! I went Christmas shopping last week with Melissa and Miller had a rough time and didn't get a good nap in. That night we had birthday party for our neighbor at the bowling alley. Miller lasted the whole time then I fed him right before we left and he just zonked out. Brady put him in his carseat and his arms just stayed like that. We were laughing so hard. Love him!


These have to be my favorite jammys of all time. I actually bought them before we were even pregnant. I may have a thing for owls. They are still a but too big, since they're 12 months, but I couldn't wait, I had to try them on the little guy. And he really is a night owl. He likes to hang out in the evening.

Oh my heck that's awesome! I always loved getting great tips like that... didn't happen too often, but when it did it made my day! Glad for generous people. I love those jammies! He is too cute! Happy Holidays to you and your family!
ReplyDelete