Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Friday, November 15, 2013

Catching up on September and October




Well it has been a fabulous fall! The past two months have flown by I didn't even realize I haven't posted pictures in two months. September and October
 were good months to us. Lots of fun activities and nice weather. We went to Vegas in October. Brady was invited for an interview at UNLV dental school and it worked out perfect that we were actually going down that exact weekend. We had planned to go to down for a PGA golf tournament. So it was seriously perfect. Brady's interview went well and we are just hoping for a positive result! The golf tournament was super fun to go to. Brady and his brother left and I got to stay and hang with my family for a whole week. It was so much fun! I ran a half marathon relay (so basically a 10k) with my sister. My sister in law also ran and my awesome brother did the whole half. He did sooo great. Super proud of him. It was a really fun run. Of course I couldn't get through it without falling down or something going wrong intestinely. haha. This time I fell down, it wasn't as bad as my last race through when I rolled my ankle.  I just scraped my knee and hands. My parents flew my sister Kresta out to run with me and it was fun to see her. I found some cheap YOLO shirts at Macy's and I cut them up to make some sweet tank tops. Not many people knew what is was but we did and it was fun when others did because they would just shout out YOLO! as we were running along. Good times! I have a hard time being away from Brady. This was the longest I have been away from him so it was nice to get home. It was also nice to have a few breaks from the kids while my mom watched them. Monroe is still being a stinker and not taking a bottle or sippy or anything besides me. It's getting a little frustrating 
but I'm not sure what to do...hopefully we'll figure something out real soon because she gets distracted super easy and isn't even nursing very long anymore. But she's a doll and makes the cutest smile all the time. It's like this cute chubby grin. She loves to play with Miller and crawls like a chameleon all around. Miller is doing super great. He's really picked up on signing lately and it makes me so happy! I've been working on it with him for about six months and I think it's finally clicking in his brain. He signs mommy, daddy, baby, open, more, eat, drink, elephant, go, dog, milk, and car. He's learning them super fast so we went to the library and got a few signing time dvds. I have to watch them too so I can learn the signs. I'm really proud of him for how fast he is learning them. I know it's still non-verbal communication but it's definitely communication and it just proves that his brain is continuing to progress and grow. He is super sweet to his sister and always makes us laugh. I have had the opportunity to take a speech class with the school district. It's a class just for the parents, so finding someone to watch the kids has been a bit hard but it's been great for me to go and learn and also to meet other parents of child with speech delay (even though Miller is globally delayed) One girl actually lives really near to me so we have gotten together a few times. Since it's been forever since I've posted I have a ton of pics. I'll have to post the rest of the Halloween and fallish pics later.





























1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad everything is going well! You have the cutest kids!! Love all the pics. That's awesome he's been signing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete