Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving with the Lybberts. Some had gone to Cracker Barrel last year so we decided to go again. It was pretty crowded but they had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. It was definitely different to go out for Thanksgiving but it was a fun new experience. Miller enjoyed himself, and by that I mean he filled his diaper to the brim twice while we were there. Thanks buddy! I have to say the only thing I missed was the leftovers. I do like to graze a bit on Thanksgiving, pretty much the whole day. Maybe it was good I saved some calories. My family was up here and had Thanksgiving at Melissa's. I made this cute head dress there along with some really cute oreo cookie turkeys. This pic is from ourbestbites.com but I'm not going to lie, ours looked pretty darn good!
It was fun and made me excited to make crafts and do things like that when Miller is older. Brady and I were talking today about how much he changes week to week. I feel like this last week he has grown into such a big boy. He rolls over, laughs, smiles, and talks all the time now. He is also becoming a champ at sleeping which is a huge blessing to me. It is kind of sad that he's already sleeping when I get home from work but we have good times in the morning.
We were so excited to get our tree we could hardly wait for the tree stands to go up. We got ours the day after Thanksgiving. This is the before picture.
And these are some after photos. The past three years we have done gold and purple plus our native ornaments. This year we switched to red and black and now have 9 native ornaments. We only got one this year at the pow wow. Normally we get one down on the rez but we didn't make it down this year. Someday it will just be native ornaments. They're sweet.
Here's little man admiring. He loves the tree. Probably all the lights and colors.
This one cracks me up. Don't worry, Brady is just to the right on the couch to catch him if he fell. So cute. He always starts the day off with pants but by the end of the day he is usually pantless. A onesie button up is just too cute with no pants.
We found this cute owl on sale at Joann's and we just had to get it. Miller 'hoot hoots" like an owl none stop. He loves his new toy. Well mostly likes to suck on the toes.
So we got in an artsy mood the other day. Brady found a picture he loved in an Arizona Highways magazine and I decided to recreate it. I think it turned out great. I did one for Miller's nursery too. It's just gray and black stripes but I like it. They were both pretty easy, just went through a lot of painters' tape. We just bought some cheap canvases and paint at Hobby Lobby so it wasn't an expensive project.

No comments:

Post a Comment