Well I always use to write in my journal every new years eve. I haven't been too great at journal writing lately. I use to write everyday, then it turned to every week and now it's turned to blogging. I guess that's not such a bad thing. I use to always write about the year, things that happened, and make goals for the new year. Obviously the biggest happening of 2011 was little Miller man. I spent the first half of 2011 prego and the last half as a mom. Such a weird thought. Being pregnant is great but it definitely doesn't prepare you for motherhood. Not that I thought it did, it's just one day they're in your belly and the next day they're not. In Miller's case he was a little eager to get out I guess. Little stinker. This is Miller doing his traditional standing on Grandpa Lybbert's hand. There's something so funny about him doing it with no pants. I love his chubby legs.


We spent this new years eve in Vegas. Kresta has spent the last few new years in Vegas and this was our first there in awhile. She's a party animal. Haha. She said that normally my parents go to bed before midnight so she sits there by herself. We got my parents to stay up and we lit some sparklers and drank some sparkling ocean spray cranberry and ate warm chocolate chip cookies and had a blast. My parents have an awesome view of the strip but our camera doesn't do it justice. We decided that for new years 2012 we want to go in on a room on the strip and have a sweet party and watch the fireworks. Anyways, this is our wild celebration.




These pics are out of order. Kres did the pose first then I copied. Good stuff.
So back to 2011. It was a good year. Full of lots of babies. Harrison in March, Hudson in April, Phoebe in May, Miller in June. That's a lot of baby blessings. And I got to go to all of them! I remember winter last year lasting forever. I'm grateful this year hasn't been too awfully cold. I can't think of too much but Miller. Maybe it's because he's sitting here smiling at me. But I am so grateful for the way things turned out. I am so grateful he is healthy and happy. Brady and I often talk about that first month and when he was home and on oxygen. It was rough. It definitely put some stress on us. But things turned out and I feel like we are stronger because we made it through. Thinking about it all still brings lots of tears to my eyes. I'm thinking it always will. 2011 was a great great year. I am really looking forward to this year. Brady graduates in April and at this point we're not sure where we'll be after that. But I am excited for any new adventure ahead. Whether we stay here or move somewhere new, I'm sure it will be great. I decided to pick a picture to represent 2011...thanks Craig for taking this. It's one I'll cherish forever!
What a great year you've had! Miller is so sweet and has come so far from that last picture! Happy 2012!
ReplyDelete