We had a great Christmas this year. And are feeling tremendously blessed as the new year has begun. I had been struggling at work with severe back and hip pain and we continued to look for job after job for Brady. He had an interview at a great company a few weeks before Christmas then we never heard anything. I'm not going to lie, I started to despair a bit. I remember one particular day at work, I went into the bathroom and just started sobbing. I wondered how much longer I could physically work and I cried because of the pain I was in. I took two weeks off for Christmas, New Years, and Brady's birthday hoping my pain would be gone after some r&r. Six days before Christmas I found out I won second place in a video contest at work. I won $3000! Pretty darn exciting. Christmas was great. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with Brady's family and actually headed to Vegas late Christmas evening because of an impending storm. We left our house in a disaster but felt like we should leave to beat the storm. We were glad we left because the snow came and didn't stop for days. Vegas was great. A bit warmer. I got a hotel one night for Brady and I and my parents watched Miller. That was my first night away from little man. And no I didn't sleep the whole night through, I frequent the bathroom every night. But we had a nice dinner, then went out to breakfast the next morning. We both missed Miller so we headed home. My nephew Drew and Brady share the same birthday and this year Drew turned 8. We all got to be there for his baptism which was really special. Most of us ended up getting the stomach flu on the day we were going to leave, luckily Brady and Miller didn't. It's funny how we all get sick when we get together. Sharing love and germs! I still had another week off when we got home. We did some cleaning and got a bit more ready for this baby girl. I worked one day and struggled through it a bit. We continued to apply for job after job for Brady. Brady went out with his brother Dave and called me awhile after they left. He had been offered the job he interviewed for before Christmas! It's full-time, decent pay, and benefits. I just started crying. We were so excited. It's for a dental supply company called Ultradent. It's great in so many ways with him trying to get into dental school. It's in South Jordan so there is a bit of a commute. Most likely we will move up north we're just trying to figure a few things out. I'm not working anymore and I am adjusting to being the stay at home mom. We are truly feeling so blessed this new year and we are so excited to meet this new little lady. In a few days I will be at the same length in my pregnancy as I was when I delivered Miller. We are hoping to make it past that day. I'm a little anxious but I think being off my feet will help a lot. Okay, enough writing, here's some pictures of our break.
Brady and I put off taking Miller to see Santa. Frankly I'm just too cheap to pay for pictures. But we discovered that there is a Santa at the Riverwoods that is just sitting there hanging out and you can take pictures with your own camera. So I was all about that.
The birthday boys. Only separated by 20 years.
Miller and cousin Harrison hanging out.
One of my dad's patients owns over 40 lions and has a habitat that we got to visit. It was incredible! And we got to meet some of the new cubs.
This is the one tiger he had.
I had something on my lens but this is Miller climbing into his toy box.
I'll be interested to see what our next child is into but Miller absolutely loves books. He'll be in the other room and I'll say, "Miller, do you want to read some books?" and he'll come as fast as can with this excited/freaking out laugh he does. So funny.
Here's to a great new year and a healthy baby girl!














So amazing about the money and job! Cute pictures. Good luck with moving and baby girl!
ReplyDelete