Not Too Much Syrup

Not Too Much Syrup

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Our new baby girl

Well I suppose I should write this all down, or type it up, before I forget. Our baby girl will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. And technically I'm supposed to still be pregnant. Hah, pretty funny. She is just a little doll. I'm still trying to get use to having 2 kids. At times I find myself totally overwhelmed, then I also feel like it's totally normal, like we've had 2 kids forever. Miller is starting to adjust a bit more to his attention hogging sister. He's also getting some more teeth, on top of moving to a new house and having a new sister around. Lots of changes for the little man. He's a sweetheart though and I'm so excited for them to grow up together. So it all started on Tuesday February 5. I was just doing stuff around the house and (I'll get graphic here) I thought I peed my pants. It happened a few times and I just figured the baby had shifted positions and was putting pressure on my bladder. It crossed my mind that my water had broken but of course I just shrugged it off. My contractions had been sparse and not painful so I really didn't think much of it. Then in the middle of the night I was super uncomfortable, more so then I had always been with a giant belly. At about 4 in the morning I lay awake, planning my day ahead. I would send Brady off to work, drop Miller off at my sisters, then go to my doctors appointment, have them check my progress, then call Brady on his lunch break to tell him. Then by 5 in the morning I was in so much pain. I got up, got ready, and packed a few things. The commotion eventually woke Brady up. I told him my plan and he was like, uh babe, I'm going with you, I'm not going to miss the birth of our child. After some convincing I agreed. We got all packed up, threw some stuff together for Miller and hit the road a little before 7. Brady dropped me off at the hospital and ran Miller to his parents house. It's always strange walking into labor and delivery. I'm never sure what to say, um hello, I'm in labor, at least I think because it hurts really bad. Anyways, they put me in a room and I waited awhile for a nurse to come in. I was having contractions every 4 minutes now and I wasn't enjoying a minute of it. Finally a nurse came, asked some questions and checked me. I was at a 5. She called my doctor and he actually came right over. Brady got back and literally like a few minutes later she was born. I went from a 5 to a 10 pretty darn fast. The pain was basically unbearable at the end. I snuck in an epidural and my doctor informed me I barely got it in. I got to hold Monroe right after she delivered for several hours and she latched on to nurse right away, and basically hasn't stopped nursing since. After she stayed with me for awhile, they took her and washed her off and weighed and measured her. She was 5 lbs 5ounces and 18". At her 2 week appointment she was already up to 6 lbs.   It was a different experience having my baby stay in the room with me and leaving the hospital a few days later with my baby. I felt like I was having a new experience. Being at that hospital brought back a lot of emotions but I look at Miller now and it doesn't seem like that difficult of an experience. My mom came right up despite having little sleep and a piece of plastic in her eye, yes plastic. She had to get into 2 eye doctors once she got up here to finally get it out. She took good care of Miller the whole time we were in the hospital. Brady's work gave him 3 days off so he got to spend time at the hospital with me. Monroe's birth was a great experience, I'm so glad I switched doctors and I'm so glad my labor with her was much shorter then with Miller. She's been such a blessing. It's an adjustment definitely going from 1 child to 2 but I am so excited for them to be so close and I'm just praying they will get along. So here's a bunch of pictures.









































1 comment:

  1. Congrats again. She's so cute. Glad everything went great this time!

    ReplyDelete